Friday, 22 April 2016

You Can't Stop Progress


Well, I was all set to sit down and write a post about making the half-way mark in the Letter Writing Month challenge and discovered we had no broadband. Then we discovered we had no phone line. Then my mobile/cell phone just decided not to do internet any more when I went to town, and while trying to ring the phone company, all available funds were used. That was Friday, mid-morning, it's Friday again and we have the phone back on but internet still eludes us for some reason. I am writing this on borrowed internet access in hope that the internet provider will keep their word in restoring our broadband to us later today.

It's been strange really, not doing the daily morning ritual of checking my mail while I boil the kettle for the tea. I have been spending more time writing, which is a good thing. I've been writing more than one letter a day for this challenge and I'm getting caught up on all my responses and that is a great feeling. Once the angst of replying to everyone in the to-be-written pile had lessened, I began enjoying the process of writing again. At first, I confess, I was writing in a frenzied kind of manner with the sole purpose of getting back on top of my correspondence, but now, I've got my flow and it's not so break-neck, but leisurely and I am enjoying that. That's a better frame of mind to sit down for a paper chat with a friend.

And so, the challenge continues albeit in a more calm manner.

PS.  Happy Earth Day!


3 comments:

  1. I've been trying to get in touch with you! I received a wonderful poem by Neruda from you, and I can't mail my reply because there was no return address. As soon as I get it, I'll put my letter in the mail. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An email is on the way with my address. ☺

      Delete
  2. Lovely! Some of my favorite things as well! (Tea, and Jane Austen!)

    ReplyDelete