Thursday, 31 March 2016

Letter Writing Month


I seem to have misplaced my mojo. I used to have a good system for writing my letters. Usually I join lettermo, writing every day in the month of February, so I can get my schedule re-adjusted to me writing something every day after all the bedlam of the holidays, but this year was a total bust. I forgot to log things, didn't make time to write or just got bogged down with other things. My “to-be-written” pile is enormous. Why does this happen when I enjoy letter writing so much? Okay, I live in an unheated house (read building site) and have problems with my hands as a result of the cold and damp, but still, I used to manage to write a little something every day even if it was just a postcard. So, what am I going to do to get back into the swing of writing daily? Tomorrow is April 1st, April Fools day, but also the first day of Letter Writing Month. I am going to take the Write on Challenge and attempt to write something every day of this month. I have cleared my desk and have note cards, stationery and postcards at the ready so I am hoping I'll get my flow back.

You can swing on over to Write on who have sponsored this event for three years now; they have lots of things to inspire you. Go here to read their blog and meet sponsors like Eggpress and HelloLucky who are as passionate about letter writing as we are.

If you are on Swap-Bot, there are a few swaps like this one geared for this challenge to help get you in the mood and Rebecca over at Findingmyblog has a great list of writing prompts to put you in a letter writing frame of mind. Thanks Rebecca!

Who's with me? Let's all get writing.


5 comments:

  1. I mailed 2 letters yesterday and am about to go upstairs and write a couple more. A Month of Letters was a challenge for me, so this one will be, too, but whether I manage 30 letters or not, I'm looking forward to it. :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenclair, thanks for stopping by. I wrote 2 letters yesterday and 1 today, fingers crossed I'll continue to be inspired. I think because I don't have the anxiety of mailing every day this challenge will be a little more relaxed and I can write and send as I go. Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I joined, too, and it has been a fun month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria, it has been a fun month. I like that the idea of writing doesn't stress me out because the pile of mail to be replied to had stacked up. I've got just a few letters to answer now and I enjoy the process again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maria, it has been a fun month. I like that the idea of writing doesn't stress me out because the pile of mail to be replied to had stacked up. I've got just a few letters to answer now and I enjoy the process again.

    ReplyDelete