Monday, 19 October 2015

                   Today's the day!




The Royal Mail releases their Star Wars stamps today. No puns or “Yoda speak” here, just a very excited stamp/Star Wars fan who has been awaiting this stamp issue for a while now. Twelve first class stamps feature the characters from the original trilogy as well as the prequel trilogy and to whet your appetite for the upcoming film “The Force Awakens,” Rey, Finn and Kylo Ren are depicted. British artist Malcom Tween has done a fantastic job illustrating the Character stamps which are vivid and bursting with colour. And for those ultra fans out there, the 1st on the stamps is printed using that familiar Star Wars font.

There is also a sheet of stamps featuring the classic vehicles and spacecraft from the films, which includes the At-At and Han Solo's ship, The Millennium Falcon among others. I'm going into town today just to get my hands on these lovelies.  



PS  I got to the post office very early and made it just in time to get the last of the Star Wars stamps!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I hope the movie is all it needs to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We live rurally so it will be a road trip to get to the movie! I hope it doesn't disappoint. The stamps are really eye-catchers and liven up my envelopes. I'll have to order more!

    ReplyDelete