Sunday, 29 March 2015

 
Pocket Letters
 
 
 
 
It's been a while since I last blogged, due to a cold and a bad back, but I'm back this morning to share something interesting.
 
I kept hearing about pocket letters and curiosity got the better of me so I went and found out what they are. Basically it is a letter made by using a 9-pocket trading card holder. To create the letter you fill each section with something different, using a theme or just being creative and going with the flow. One pouch holds your letter and the other eight are filled with things like ACT's, quotes, tags, little gifts like paper clips or stickers and you get the idea. The plastic case protects your little treasures too which is nice but what is even better is that it folds into three and fits nicely into a business-size envelope. 
 
Janette Lane is the creator of the pocket letter concept and I think it is visual and fun. Here is a link to a video of Jeanette describing the letters. I like that there are 9 pockets for you to explore so it's like opening 9 envelopes. It's great that you can put the letters you receive in a binder for easy storage so you can keep them handy when you want to page through.
 
I think there are so many possibilities for decorating and filling this type of letter. The only difficulty I'm having is finding the pages at a price that won't break the bank! At the moment no luck so I've had to resort to drastic measures since I really wanted to try out this concept. I have a few 3-pocket planner pages for holding business cards and have used them to make some mini pocket letters. Because these smaller pages only have three pockets I used front and back which gave me six pouches to fill and even better, it will be less expensive to send out which is nice since I've been practising economy. I also have the option of crafting them either vertically or horizontally which allows me to be as creative as I like.
 
 
Overall, I think this is a great new way of sending a letter. It's fun and very addictive.




1 comment:

  1. I think someone graced me with one of these. I've searched for it since you posted this. It's so special, there's no telling where I'm "saving" it. I meant to ask the sender for instructions. I will ask the first chance I get, just in case the creator can help. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete