Sunday, 8 February 2015

                               Today's the Day!

This evening The Letter Writer's Alliance is having its second Virtual letter writing social. Kathy and Donovan, the brains behind the LWA, are hosting another virtual social today with live video commencing at 3pm CST...that's 9pm GMT for those of us in the UK. Mary Robinette Kowal, author and founder of A Month of Letters will be joining them and it's looking like THE place to be this evening. As a bonus, Donovan has created some awesome stationery that will complement the
event perfectly.

I live rurally, so this is a stellar way for me to connect with other letter writers. I longingly look at all the letter writing socials and events happening but I'm so far removed I can only attend in spirit. Today I'll be able to join in, not with a small group, but with the whole world and I'm loving that.

Since I'm doing Lettermo this year, it'll be a great time to write my letters while I'm
participating in the social. So far, I've done pretty well sending out my letters and cards for Lettermo, (even though I forgot to log my letters for the first day! ugh) and I have to say, it is helping me to set time aside to write which is why I joined in the first place. I like that I have a routine now of getting my son off to school and then sitting at my desk and writing and not worrying about the laundry or if the rubbish was collected! I don't know how it happens but I get off the track sometimes and end up writing sporadically when I can find a moment, and that always leads to bedlam. My desk turns into a mountain and I get backlogged because I can't find anything and as a result no letters get written because I get overwhelmed by everything. Participating in Lettermo has helped me to order my desk and my thoughts and get myself straightened out.


I'm all set to go for this evening, how about you?


1 comment:

  1. I missed it, however I notice I can view it on the website.

    ReplyDelete