Thursday, 16 October 2014


Out of the Blue

Getting a letter in the mail is always a good thing, but when you get an unexpected letter in the mail, it's a great thing. Today I brought in a stack of what looked like adverts and circulars and wasn't optimistic that there was anything for me but then I found this.

It was from Singapore and I don't have a pen pal in Singapore so I was intrigued. The stamps on the envelope were fabulous and I had a good look at them before I opened the package. What I found inside, really made my day. I was so excited to see such things. Amongst this treasure trove of goodness I found a note tucked inside from the lovely Jessica.

Not only did Jessica send some stamps but she also included first day covers that were stunningly vivid and some tea that smells divine. I can't thank her enough for such thoughtfulness.


I've always liked sending surprises to people just because. I just like making someone's day and I guess on a selfish note it gives me a high too. When a letter or package turns up out of the blue for me, I'm so thankful. It really is nice to know there are good-hearted people out there, sending joy to strangers. Receiving this packet from Jessica was such a wonderful surprise and now I am thinking about what to send her so she will feel as loved as I did when I opened her letter.

If you don't already know about it, go have a look on Sendsomething.net and tap into the art of unexpected goodness. It's a wonderful community of like-minded people who send all sorts of things to others around the globe. I've made some nice friends there and I know you will too.




1 comment:

  1. Good for you! The unexpected can work wonders. :) Bread cast upon the waters come back toast. Every single time.

    I wish you good mail.

    ReplyDelete