Thursday, 18 September 2014

Hot off the Press!




The Royal Mail released these lovelies today. I really like these stamps and also that they come in a variety of denominations so I can use them on domestic letters as well as international ones without adding a bunch of boring Machins to get up to the overseas postage rates. There's just something about the seaside; sunshine, warm breezes and carefree days. These beach beauties are so vivid and they look even better in person. I can't wait to use them on my letters. Usually there is only one stamp release per month in the United Kingdom but the stamps they offer are always worth waiting for. I ordered some of these Seaside stamps and the British Piers souvenir sheets they issued from the Royal Mail website. My stamps arrived in the morning post so I'm all set. By ordering on line I get as many as I want and don't have to stand in line (or get waited on by the mean lady!) Generally when I go into town, the post office has few or none left of any new stamps and I may not get the complete series, so ordering on line ensures I get the whole set, plus extras. This release came just in time to help summer linger on a little more before the chilly Autumn days come to stay.
 


2 comments:

  1. Oh, oh, oh! They're perfect. We missed the beach this summer. Deliberately. So your new stamps are like Galveston Bay pacifiers. LOL. Y'all have such pretty, fun stamps. I dislike our new international stamp. It reminds me of global warming. It's still hot here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too fond of the look of that stamp either. There are so many possibilities, why make a clone of another stamp that was already issued?

      Delete