Friday, 11 July 2014

Rainy Day Fun


We had a few rainy days this past week so I played indoors. I had some old magazines I got from a charity shop in town and while I was reading through them I  found a lot of pictures that I liked and decided to use them to make some envelopes and postcards. I like colourful envelopes so I used a lot of the pages in the books. I have a set of templates called "Create - Lope" that are easy to use and I like that there are 6 sizes to choose from in the set.   I cut out smaller images and words for my collage work too, so there usually isn't much left when I finish with a magazine.  To make my envelopes sturdier I like to line them. I used some leftover papers from card making for that.  I think they all came out great.  I love that there are so many different themes and colours.  Some for every mood.

I didn't make so many postcards but still, the ones I made are interesting.   Some of them are a little out of the ordinary because  I like cutting out large images to use as postcards. Just as long as the shape isn't too intricate, they usually go through the mail in tact. I think they are fun and  I always get a good comments on them too.  I really like the way these came out. What do you think?


I also made a Harry Potter postcard for a swap I'm doing on Swap-Bot. I joined a long time ago but had only done one swap so I thought I would have a look at the site and see what I could find that I might like to do. I had some Harry Potter things I was saving for just such an occasion and I think this postcard came out very nice. I put a quote on the front of it from one of the movies. I don't think you can read it on the photo but it's a nice quote so I'll write it here for you to read: 
 
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."    
                                                           ~~Albus Dumbledore 
 
Front view
back view






2 comments:

  1. I cannot help but wonder where all of my comments landed? Are they languishing in cyberspace?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what is happening with your posts Limner. At first I thought it was just a time zone issue and I wasn't seeing your comments until the next morning so there was a delay in publishing them. I've published everything that comes into my inbox. Are there a lot of messages missing?

      Delete