Sunday, 18 May 2014

Hello



Hi, I'm Anna. The idea of having a blog has been rolling around in my head for a while now. I  love all things related to correspondence as well as paper crafts and decided it was about time to stop procrastinating and start writing about it. I've never written a blog before so I'll be making it up as I go and I hope to meet some kindred spirits along the way. Some of the things you can expect to read about are my experiences in letter writing as well as my passion for upcycling things into stationery and making collages out of the mountains of ephemera I seem to amass without even trying. I'll probably mention the progress of the ongoing restoration of our Georgian House and its gardens from time to time; history is one of my favourite things. I'm also an advocate of children's correspondence so there will most likely be things to encourage letter writing in young people too.

I chose the name Billet Doux & Little Mercuries for my blog because it sounded old fashioned and apropos. Billet Doux is an old French term for Love Notes and Little Mercuries is a term use to describe the young errand boys who would dispatch letters and messages before there was a postal system in England.

1 comment: